Update to MORs and MPRs
The Australian Registrars’ National Electronic Conveyancing Council (ARNECC) is seeking feedback on draft version 6 of the Model Operating Requirements and Model Participation Rules.
Both marked-up and clean versions of the consultation drafts are available on the ARNECC website and can be accessed using the following links:
The proposed changes to the Model Operating Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction of a requirement for ELNOs to make available new documents within a year – this expands the previous obligation for ELNOs to make available a minimum set of ten documents (see 5.2).
- Exclusion of Back End Infrastructure Connections from the integration and separation provisions (see 2.1.2, 5.5 and 5.6)
- Where it is not possible for a set of Integration terms and conditions to be developed, ELNOs may instead develop a set of principles upon which those terms and conditions will be negotiated (see 5.5.1)
- ELNOs must ensure Subscribers can use open Digital Certificates (see 7.6.3)
- New obligation for ELNOs around training Subscribers and Users on cyber security (see 14.6)
The proposed changes to the Model Participation Rules include, but are not limited to:
- Removal of the Subscriber as Attorney provisions (see 2.1.2 and Schedule 4)
- Introduction of more stringent requirements around using the Verification of Identity Standard (see 6.5.2)
- New obligations for Subscribers around training Users on cyber security (see 7.2.1) and on Digital Certificates and Access Credentials (see 7.5.5)
We recommend you read the consultation drafts in full prior to submitting your feedback.
A national industry forum will be held at the Royal Society of Victoria in Melbourne from 2pm to 4pm on 5 February 2020 to provide the opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions about the proposed changes. Please confirm your attendance to Shirlene.email@example.com before 30 January 2020.
A separate NSW forum will be held on 11 February 2020 from 2pm to 4pm at 477 Pitt Street in Sydney. For more details and to RSVP, please email ORGfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The consultation period for draft version 6 of the Model Operating Requirements and Model Participation Rules closes on 2 March 2020. Please provide your feedback via email to email@example.com prior to close of business on that day.